Thursday, August 4, 2011

Rory McIlroy wants return into PGA Tour


Prior to winning the U.S. Open Championship, Rory McIlroy dropped his PGA Tour Membership in early 2011.

After the victory McIlroy is rethinking his decision as the confident golfer told Espn.com, "I feel as if I play my best golf over here".

In saying so, the Northern Ireland native said he plans to look for a home in Florida in a few weeks and accept the FedEx Cup playoff structure that had turned him off.

"I'm very comfortable in this country. I'm definitely looking towards coming back and playing a full schedule over here."

After winning the Quail Hollow Championship last year, the 22-year-old gave up his PGA Tour membership and competed on the European Tour. By doing that, he limited himself to just 10 events, including the four major championships and three domestic World Golf Championship tournaments.

McIlroy joked that the British Open and the weather were part of the reasons for him to reconsider membership, but ultimately feels that he performs well on U.S. courses.

"I feel as if my game really suits playing courses over here," he said. "I love Quail Hollow, Memorial, Akron. You play Match Play, Honda, Doral, Masters. You have your favorite events, and most of my favorite events seem to be on this side of the pond. I'm very comfortable over here."

"I'd like to give it a go again and obviously last more than one year and really see how it goes," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment